Find the Best Cosmetic Surgeon in Los Angeles, CA, by Using This Checklist for Stellar Results
Cosmetic surgery is a major decision that is not to be taken lightly. You might think it’s the type of surgery you need to be most concerned about. However, your choice of the best cosmetic surgeon near me is paramount, at least if you hope to experience stellar results.
If you search Google for “Cosmetic Surgeon near me,” you will find hundreds of thousands if not millions of results. That’s not exactly useful when you’re attempting to narrow down your decision to a single professional.
Instead of focusing on all those results, look at the 3-pack, which is the section of the search engine results pages (SERP) that focuses on the top professionals in your area. The listings you see at the top of the page when you conduct a search for nearby cosmetic surgeons include the cosmetic practice’s name, address, and the number of online patient reviews. You can also find links to the surgeon’s website and a map of their location, which is useful for obtaining GPS directions right to the professional’s door.
You can also search for the procedure you’re interested in, such as “liposuction in Los Angeles,” for example.
The listings you see in these detailed search results originate from each practice’s Google My Business (GMB) page. The GMB allows you to find general information about the practice, but the true value comes from reading the practice’s online patient reviews.
To begin your search for the top professional in your area, start with Google. Conduct a search and start making a list of all the cosmetic surgeons that stand out to you. Pay attention to the proximity of the office, the number, and quality of their online reviews, and make sure the professional specializes in the type of cosmetic surgery you might be interested in.
Quick note. When making your list, decide if you need a plastic surgeon or a cosmetic surgeon near me in Los Angeles, CA. There is a difference.
Read our article: Cosmetic Surgery Vs. Plastic Surgery – Which is Right for You?
What is the difference between plastic and cosmetic surgery?
A plastic surgeon is tasked with correcting irregularities and restoring function due to accidents, trauma, burns, diseases, and birth defects. Breast reconstruction following a mastectomy due to a breast cancer diagnosis is a plastic surgeon’s job, for example.
A cosmetic surgeon specializes in correcting irregularities for purely aesthetic purposes. Cosmetic surgeons perform facelifts, breast augmentations, tummy tucks, and Brazilian butt lifts to help you feel better about your body. Although, some cosmetic procedures can also help with function, such as how a breast lift can help with back pain.
If you want to improve how you look and you have a minor irregularity like a crooked nose or a saggy tummy, a cosmetic surgeon is the right professional for you.
Once you have a list of cosmetic surgeons near you, it’s time to whittle down your list. Use the following checklist to determine which is the best cosmetic surgeon near me in Los Angeles, CA for your needs.
Is the Cosmetic Surgeon Board Certified?
The most dependable way to determine if your surgeon is professionally trained and experienced in aesthetic procedures is to ask about their board certification. You can’t always rely on state medical boards to ensure that your surgeon is qualified to perform the surgery you want. Even if the surgeon advertises the surgery you’re looking for, that doesn’t necessarily mean they specialize in that service.
The government doesn’t require a surgeon to be trained in the procedures they offer, unfortunately. Many doctors take a weekend course and suddenly advertise cosmetic surgery services in hopes of earning more profit.
Go through your list and look for the words “board-certification” either on their GMB profiles or on their practice websites.
Is the Cosmetic Surgeon Adequately Trained?
Board certification only tells you part of the story. The science of cosmetic surgery is constantly evolving. There are always new technologies, innovative techniques, and ongoing research that cosmetic surgeons need to keep abreast of.
Aside from being board certified, you should visit each doctor’s GMB and website on your list to gauge their level of training.
The surgeon should have completed a residency program in:
- General surgery
- Plastic surgery
- Neurological Surgery
- Orthopedic surgery
- Thoracic surgery
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
The candidate should be board certified in one or more of these specialties. The surgeon should also have completed a full-time training program known as a fellowship lasting at least one or two years.
Look for the term “Fellowship trained” as that will indicate that the professional has completed the proper training to give you symmetry, beauty, and balance, which are the hallmarks of a skilled cosmetic surgeon.
Source: Cosmetic Surgeon
The Overall Experience – Read Online Reviews
A good way to separate the wheat from the chaff when narrowing down your list of cosmetic surgeons is to go through each professional’s online reviews. Read the reviews and pay attention to the experiences others have had when visiting that particular the best cosmetic surgeon near me in Los Angeles, CA.
You want to know that people are happy with the surgeon’s bedside manner, professionalism, cleanliness of the office, and the results they have achieved.
Start with Google reviews, which can be accessed directly from each surgeon’s GMB profile.
When looking at reviews, pay attention to the responses from the cosmetic surgeon’s office. Responses show the cosmetic surgeon cares. It also shows that the cosmetic surgeon is going through the reviews to determine which patients had the best experience, and which patients’ experiences could be improved. No one is perfect, but surgeons that respond tend to improve over time, because they learn what patients want, and that, in turn, helps them give patients the best experience possible.
In addition to Google, visit other review sites, like Yelp.
Pay special attention to reviews that pertain to the type of cosmetic surgeon you’re hoping to get, whether it’s liposuction, a tummy tuck, facelift, breast augmentation, or any other. You want to know that the surgeon is skilled, trained, and experienced in your type of surgery. Reading online reviews is the best way to assess that the surgeon is the best one for you.
What if the Cosmetic Surgeon has Negative Reviews?
Negative reviews should not necessarily be a dealbreaker. If the surgeon has a majority of 4- and 5-star reviews, that should be enough to keep the surgeon on your shortlist of professionals to visit.
It is important to understand that cosmetic surgery is not miracle work. Some people have unrealistic expectations; others may have a bone to pick for whatever reason. If there are only a couple of negative reviews and each one shows that the person wants something cosmetic surgery could not achieve, disregard them, and pay attention to the positive reviews, as that is a better indicator of the experience you are likely to have by choosing that surgeon for your needs.
Does the Cosmetic Surgeon Offer the Services You Want?
Some cosmetic surgeons specialize in one or two procedures while others offer a gamut of aesthetic procedures. Make sure the surgeon you’re considering is skilled, trained, and experienced in the type of surgery you want.
Due to advancements in cosmetic surgery, you now have access to a wide range of procedures, letting you improve every aspect of your body from head to toe.
Body Cosmetic Surgeries
- Liposuction: Stubborn pockets of fat could be yesterday’s news with this popular cosmetic procedure that suctions fat from your face, neck, body, arms, thighs, and even your ankles.
- HD-Lipo: This high-tech version of traditional liposuction lets you get rid of deeper pockets of fat, allowing your body’s musculature to show through.
Read our article: Liposuction vs. HD-Lipo: What’s the Difference?
- VASER Lipo: This version of liposuction uses sound energy to break up the fat, allowing for easier removal.
- Tummy Tuck: When you have too much belly fat, a saggy tummy, or hanging skin along your abdomen, a tummy tuck can tighten and flatten your stomach region.
- Mommy Makeover: This all-in-one procedure lets you combine surgeries like breast augmentation, a tummy tuck, and liposuction for a total body transformation.
- Daddy Do-Over: Dads deserve to turn back the clock on their bodies too! This procedure can combine surgeries like gynecomastia surgery, a tummy tuck, and a facelift. Imagine the possibilities!
Read our article: Dads Deserve Makeovers, Too! Introducing the Daddy Do-Over
- Butt Implants: When you were born with a flat or saggy bottom, butt implants can give more oomph to your backside.
- Brazilian Butt Lift: Instead of butt implants, the BBL uses your own body fat to add volume and size to your buttocks.
- Sculptra Butt Lift: This procedure uses cosmetic filler to add volume, size, and symmetry where it counts.
- Arm Lift: Get rid of those ‘bingo wings’ by tightening up your upper arms.
- Abdominal Etching: Want to show off your hard work in the gym? Abdominal etching will help you do just that.
- Body Lift: Get rid of stubborn fat and saggy skin along your lower or upper body with a transformative body lift.
- Thigh Lift: This procedure gets rid of your jiggly thighs by making your legs thinner, tighter, and more attractive.
- Breast Augmentation: Breast implants are used during this cosmetic surgery to add volume, symmetry, and beauty to your bust.
- Natural Breast Augmentation: Use implants and fat transfer or the fat transfer technique by itself to give your breasts a subtle volume and size enhancement.
Read our article: What is Natural Fat Grafting? And How Long Does it Last?
- Breast Lift: Breasts that sag after childbirth can be placed higher and given a symmetrical makeover. This cosmetic surgery can also alleviate back pain.
- Breast Augmentation and Lift: Get breast implants, and a breast lift all in the same procedure to add youth and beauty to your chest region.
- Breast Reduction: A breast reduction can restore your breasts to a smaller size, giving you a perkier chest. This procedure can also sometimes help with back pain.
- Inverted Nipple Correction: Inverted nipples can occur on one or both breasts, but this procedure can have your nipples looking symmetrical, youthful, and amazing.
Face Cosmetic Surgeries
- Facelift: Rid your face of fine lines and wrinkles with this popular cosmetic facial surgery.
- Neck lift: Your neck tends to show your age before any other body part. Restore youthfulness to your neck with neck lift surgery.
- Eyelid Surgery: Your eyelids tend to show your age earlier than other body parts. An upper or lower eyelid procedure can make you look younger, more alert, and well-rested.
- Kybella Double Chin Treatment: Turkey necks and double chins can be a thing of the past with this popular filler treatment that goes to work right away to eliminate stubborn facial fat cells.
- Browlift: You can reverse the age from your upper face with amazing brow lift surgery.
- Fat Grafting: Use your own fat cells to restore lost volume to various areas around your face.
- Rhinoplasty: If you don’t like something about your nose, why not change it? A nose job can improve facial symmetry and beauty.
- Facial Implants: Facial implants can be used to make your jaw more defined. It will also add symmetry to your cheeks and chin.
- Chin Augmentation: This chin treatment can give weak chins a makeover for a transformative experience.
Weight Loss Options
Transgender Surgery (MTF)
When you don’t feel quite at home in your own body, transgender surgery can give you a new lease on life.
Cosmetic Surgery for Men
Read our article: Are You a Good Candidate for Male Breast Reduction Surgery?
Did you have an unpleasant experience with another cosmetic surgeon in Los Angeles, CA? Many professionals now offer revision cosmetic surgeries to get your symmetry and beauty back on track.
In addition to cosmetic surgeries, many cosmetic professionals now offer med-spa services like cellulite treatment, non-surgical body contouring, varicose vein treatments, injectable fillers, and more.
Read our article: Can Injectable Fillers Prevent Facial Aging?
Now You’re Ready to Schedule a Consultation
Once you have found a cosmetic surgeon that has the education and training and that offers the experience and services you’re looking for, the next step is to schedule a consultation.
During a consultation, you can talk to the professional about your aesthetic goals and the results you hope to achieve.
Remember, you must have realistic expectations for what cosmetic surgery can deliver. The surgeon can help you form those expectations during your first meeting.
The consultation also lets you gauge the level of rapport between you and the surgeon. Having rapport between the two of you is critical if you want the best experience possible.
Who is the Best Cosmetic Surgeon Near You?
Your choice of cosmetic surgeon is one that may affect you for many years to come, if not for the rest of your life. Successful aesthetic surgery can make you feel more at home in your body. The surge of self-esteem that follows could aid you in all areas of your life, including your professional career, personal relationships, and general life ambitions.
However, make the wrong choice in surgeon, and you could end up with a botched cosmetic job that could cause your self-esteem to take a hit.
The lesson here is to take your time finding a board-certified cosmetic surgeon who possesses the experience, training, and a friendly bedside manner. Most importantly, find a surgeon who can produce examples of before and after photographs that match the results you aspire to achieve. Then, schedule a consultation so that you can be sure your health and beauty are in the best of hands.
Are you ready to take the next step to improve your appearance? You can find an educated, trained, skilled, and compassionate cosmetic surgeon by calling Dr. Babak Moein of Moein Surgical Arts. Located in Los Angeles, California, Dr. Moein and his professional staff are ready to treat you with care while helping you achieve your aesthetic goals. Don’t forget to ask about cosmetic surgery financing during your appointment! Dial now to get started 310-299-9106.